Our Company History
- The company was first opened in 1976 under the name B.T. Church Transport, specialising in light haulage across the country
- In 1978 Mr P.S. Page joined the company as equal partner, and being a fully qualified vehicle technician the company diversified into fleet maintenance of vehicles. Fleet maintenance quickly expanded and quickly became the sole focus of the company.
- In 1979 the company began working with the police for the recovery and accident damaged vehicles
- In 1984 the company incorporated itself under the company name Bridge Mills Service Centre Ltd
- In 1986, the company moved into larger premises reflecting the demand for its services
- In 1990, the company once again moved into larger premises to accomodate the demand for a tachograph calibration workshop. A speed limiter fitting service was also offered in the same year.
- In 1991, the company moved all of its services into one site
- In 1992, the company sold its old premises along with the vehicle recovery operation, to focus its activities on tachograph services.
- In 1996, the company expanded its services to incorporate the calibration of tachograph stations throughout the UK & Northern Ireland. A full repair, maintenance and re-furbishing service for all existing tachograph equipment and supply of tachograph parts is also offered.
- In 2003, the company offered an additional service analysing tachograph data, both analogue & digital.
Bridge Mills are now entirely centred around tachograph and speed limiter installations and repairs.
Bridge Mills Service Centre Ltd is inspected and audited by the Vehicle Operator Services Agency, VOSA